Parents and families are an important part of our IB community. We welcome your participation and involvement in our program.
Volunteering at School
Do you have a special skill to contribute to our school? Are you interested in helping students and teachers with their IB lessons? Can you help enhance our IB programme by donating time, funding or support? Ask your classroom teacher if they can use help in any of the following ways:
- assist with activities in the classroom
- organize homework folders
- organize IB portfolio binders
- correct homework or exams
- donate paper, pencils, crayons, kleenex, band-aids or other classroom supplies
- chaperone fieldtrips
- organize class parties or events
- be a guest speaker on a special topic
- share a musical or artistic talent
- volunteer as the Art Docent
- do something active with the class for extra P.E. time
- read a book to the class or supervise a small reading group
- put up or take down bulletin boards
- talk to PTA about being the official "Class Parent"
- ask your classroom teacher for more ideas!
Several times a year we will have IB Family Information Nights, so watch our school calendar for the next one coming up. Community and family events take place several times a year, and many volunteer opportunities are available. Our next event will be the final Family Fun Night of the year on May 27, 2016. In the Fall we will have an IB Family Night to welcome everyone back to school. We also will have the traditional Kelly Karnival, a fall festival in October. Call the main office for more information about these events.
Tours of our campus may be scheduled in advance. Our official tour dates for 2016-2017 will be posted on our website shortly. Call the main office at (916) 867-2041 for more information or to schedule a tour.
Parent-Teacher Organization (PTA)
Joining the Thomas Kelly PTA is a great way to get involved and stay informed. Our PTA facilitates fundraising, plans school events and contributes to important decisions about our school.
Keep an eye on our Thomas Kelly calendar or ask in the office about the next upcoming event. If you are interested in being a classroom volunteer, talk to your child's teacher and please see our district volunteer requirements.
If you have questions, a great idea to share, or want to know more about volunteer opportunities, feel free to call us at (916) 867-2041 e-mail our IB Coordinator Jessica Katz-Amey at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for supporting our IB students and teachers!